Old 20-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Nicole H

make sure your watering shedule doesn't vary..... blossom end rot is usually
a watering issue than a calcium uptake.
mulch and water systematically
"GarlandGrower" wrote in message
We are having a lot of trouble with Blossom End Rot on our Peppers this
year, probably all 10-12 plants have it. No good peppers yet and they
were planted in the bring albeit we got a late start.
Tomatoes not having it this year. I only saw one tomato from the last
harvest that had it on there.
? That seems strange. I used the same fertilizers on both, I even put
some Jobes Tomato Spikes in both the Tomatos and Peppers.
Rain has been nonexistent until the last few weeks and now we are getting
some pretty good rains. 2 1/2 in. this week near Gilmer. Blossom end rot
is suppose to show up after a lot of rain, but it seems like the Peppers
have been like this all along. I wonder if this is something that happens
pretty quick, say within one day of the rain? Anyway...

If you are going to crunch up eggshells and throw them down at the base of
the plant, is there any harm in NOT rinsing them first? My Dad leaves
some of the goop in them when he saves them for me. He maintains the
garden for us since he is retired. What about Tums? My Dad had the idea
to throw them down near the base of each plant last year and we did not
seem to have as much trouble. Can Tomatos and Peppers absorb the Calcium
in Tums?
We have 1500+ sq. ft garden in E.Texas
Zone 7a or 8b

Thanks,