Old 20-07-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Need help identifying cactus...San Pedro?

I just moved into a new place and there is a huge cactus in the front
yard. My friends think that it is a San Pedro (Trichocereus pachanoi),
but I am not sure. The plant is huge, it has one main trunk several
branches which are not growing perfectly upright, more like 20 degrees
off center. The main problem is that the branches seem to have grown in
sections and when I see San Pedros they always seem to be one
continuous smooth shape whereas this one is pinched in places. I know
that San Pedro is quite a popular garden plant so it makes sense, but
are there any other look alikes that might be duping my friends?

Are there any good places on the net to help me in trying to identify
this plant?

Thanks.