Old 22-07-2005, 10:31 PM
sueb

Ottawa wrote:
I am new to gardening and plannted tomatoes, zuchinnies, peppers and
eggplants this year. After the season is done for this year, do any of
these grow back the following year or do I have to replant them?
Thanks

I've had volunteer tomatoes the following year if I planted from seed
(rather than plants from the nursery) and let a few fruits fall in the
bed. As long as you don't spray weedkiller, or anything else that will
kill seeds or sprouts, the tomato seeds should sprout the following
spring.

I planted some fantastic yellow tomatoes and they kept coming up year
after year. I'm in coastal California - if you're in a very cold
winter area, this might not work.

Susan B.