Old 23-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Carmen

You asked why would I want to put them in the pot to begin with?
Answer: The pot is large & the so is the plant. It will have to be moved
inside during the winter months. Filled with dirt, it would be too heavy for
me to lift & transport. Therefore, if I replace the lower portion of dirt
with a light weight material, I would be able to lift it to bring it inside.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Carmen" wrote in message
Will several mature pine cones placed in the bottom of a large pot,
underneath the dirt (to make it lighter to move) produce anything that
might harm the plant?

Would it cause the soil to become acid, alkaline, or neither?

Thanks in advance.

Why would you want to put them in the put to begin with?