Old 23-07-2005, 08:54 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
Jon Shemitz wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

Peppers, however, depending on the variety and the severity of the
winter, CAN come back! I have a Chile petin right now out in the main
garden bed that is over 4 years old and it's huge. The plant looks dead
in the winter, but I leave it there and it re-sprouts lots of leaves and
my cackatoo deeply appreciates the hundreds of pea-sized fruit it
produces every year.

I've found that I get much more vigorous growth (and more fruit) if I
prune my peppers sharply every spring, just as they're starting to
show signs of new growth.

Interesting, as I had to really prune this one last winter!
We were installing a new "pop-up" greenhouse where this plant was living
and I had to cut it back so it'd fit properly in the back corner. :-)

It's bigger and better than ever this year.... Looks like I never cut it
in the first place!

Freya bird is thrilled. ;-)

The plant is a wild volunteer. I did not plant it, but I protect it.
--
Om.