Old 19-11-2002, 07:46 PM
dave @ stejonda

Default what's the name of the shrub that has marble sized.shaped white fruit?

In message , Alan and Liz
writes
Hi there
I think this is Symphoricarpos albus.( Commonly known as the
'Snowberry'). It's a deciduous shrub with white berries like marbles,as
you say, from mid-autumn to mid-winter. It's also meant to have pink
flowers from mid-summer to early autumn. Expected height and
spread:-6ft by 6ft.In one of my gardening books, it's listed under
plants that prefer shade. I remember
it as a kid as we used to squash the berries.

thanks Liz, yep, that's what we used to do, hence I remember the smell.

--
dave @ stejonda

calculate your ecological footprint http://www.lead.org/leadnet/footprint/