Old 22-11-2002, 05:55 PM
Malcolm

Default Wasps nest in the attic

In article ,
writes
Hi,

I've had a wasps nest in a very tight space within my attic roof void.
I'm wondering when the wasps will leave it and fly off.

I need to get up there and do some maintainance before the winter but
dont want to be attacked. I cant get to the nest to spray it either.

Can anyone help?

I would have thought it virtually certain that the nest will be empty by
now. Any queens will have left the nest and be hibernating in crevices,
etc., while all the worker wasps die in the autumn. The nest won't be
re-used though sometimes a queen will start to build in the following
spring alongside an old one.

--
Malcolm