Old 25-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Martin Brown

Mike wrote:

But the possibility exists.

as does seeing Lord Lucan ride up Pall Mall on Shergar or Elvis Presley
skiing behind the Loch Ness monster.

There is more danger in crossing the road or having an accident in the
house, so don't get out of bed in the morning and for Christ sake don't put
your bed on casters and ask someone to push you across the road.

Actually accidents at home are much more common than you might think!

Cotton Wool PC state

:-((

and to think we were once GREAT Britain

:-((((((((((((((((((

Don't be too hard on him. The spelling of "fibers" (sic) guarantees this
wonderful piece of scare mongering comes from the other side of the pond
where lawyers make mega-bucks by flying in the face of common sense.

Over there the bottom of every milk bottle would have to be stamped
"open other end". And microwave ovens marked "not for drying pets".

Unless the roof is mainly blue asbestos and you burn the shed down the
risk to the rasberries watered by the rainwater runoff is neglible.
Bound up in asbestos board the stuff isn't anything like as nasty but
disturb or break up the binding material and then there is serious hazard.

Disturb it without the right protective equipment and all bets are off.
Last time I was at the tip I saw a council operative put this stuff into
a crusher on the back of a bin wagon (a very very bad idea). He was
showered in dust from it. And they had a genuine asbestos waste zone!

I guess he didn't know it was asbestos board...

Regards,
Martin Brown