Old 26-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Harold Walker

..

HMS Gamecock....many a navy base was landlocked....or shud I say many a
Fleet Air Arm station was landlocked....in my days of old many a
'week-end
warrior' spent time there.....H

I've seen it alleged that the Germans claimed to have sunk HMS Ganges in
(IIRC) the second great unpleasantness.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

My only experience with the sinking of a ship was one I was aboard in
1943.....I was on my way home on leave from HMS Daedulus and one young
seaman was telling of his exploits aboard that same ship and he was on leave
after it had been torpedoed....(it must have been the only name of a ship he
knew...looked like a kid fresh out of school with pure 'bumfluff' on his
chin.)......Daedalus was another landlocked base close to Pompey....H