Old 27-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Justin

Thanks for that Rocco. :-)

One more question then if i could... You say that Muriate of Potash is safe
which I may buy as it comes in 2kg bags as opposed to 25kg bags... What
about Sulfate of Potash, would that be better as it's formula is K2SO4,
which is exactly as it should be... Is that right?

Thanks.

Justin
"Rocco Moretti" wrote in message
"Rocco Moretti" wrote
Justin wrote:

Rocco,

Here is where I sourced the Chlorine from...
http://www.nutri-tech.com.au/hints.htm#NO3

I wouldn't put much weight into what "Nutri-Tech" says (especially after
reading about the other products they have for sale)- it likely arises
from a fundamental misunderstanding of chemistry.

Justin wrote:
sorry

Don't be sorry. Chemical literacy and precision are exceptions rather than
the rule now-a-days. It's all to easy to hear something that's
not-quite-right from someone, and think that they know what they're
talking about. That's why you get horrible advice from the LFSs - it's
people repeating stuff they heard from someone who seemed like a
knowledgeable authority at the time. Usenet suffers from the same problem.
(I've done my fair share of disseminating B.S.) The only difference is
that there is enough people reading Usenet that people get corrected on
misinformation rather effectively.

We're all here to learn. (You can take that in a more general metaphysical
sense as well, if you want to.)