Old 27-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Ottawa

I started tomatoes b/c some of my friends had them and they were amazing
last year but I found that my plants this year are fruiting a lot slower and
later than they should. Thiis is for my peppers, zuchinnis, eggplants as
well. I agree with the heat and random showers. I also found though that
my potted ones are doing better than the ones in the ground.
"Jim Carter" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:57:00 -0400, "Ottawa"
wrote in rec.gardens.edible:

Hey finally a another person who lives close by. Yeah, I'm in Ottawa and
just started gardening this year.

This is Perth checking in, not very far from you.

Have you found this to be a lousy year for tomatoes? Some that I
have in pots have what I believe is one of the wilts. The plants
growing in raised beds get blossom end rot as fast as I can throw
them away. I think the heat and random rain showers are
responsible.

Prudens Purple, Dufresne, White Beauty, Window Box Roma, Great
White, UltraGirl and Early Girl.

This is by far the worst year ever for my little darlings.
--
Gardening Zones
Canada Zone 5a