Old 28-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Sue Begg

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

"
I think you meant you saw more of England than most English see in a
year (a somewhat strange claim; how in the space of two weeks do you
know what "most" English do in 52? ). But your little trip round just
*one* country doesn't really count as seeing "more of the UK".

Janet.

If you know anything at all about logistics you would readily see/know that
the majority of the UK residents (English + permanent interlopers) see very
little of the UK in a year...they just do not have the money....perhaps
someone like you might have the 'lolly' to roam around but there are many
that do not live in such luxury and scrape from hand to mouth each
week..

..no different in this country....

entirely different from America. In the US, 90 % of the population don't
own a passport and have never travelled abroad.

Is it worth mentioning the fact that the US is so vast that they don't
need to go abroad. They can get to visit almost any type of climate they
wish and travel much further than most Brits do on their travels, within
the US

In the UK, the vast
majority of people do have a passport and have used it to travelled
abroad. The majority of UK residents are not impoverished, and are in
work. For that work they disperse all over the country to live; many
people travel for work reasons and far more travel to see family
elsewhere.

Incidentally, The UK does not mean England., as you imply above

over a lifetime I suspect I might
have seen more of England than you have me love....

Since you know absolutely nothing about my lifetime, that's just
another example of you not having a clue what you're on about.

Janet.

--
Sue
Remove the puppies to reply