Old 28-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Mike Lyle

Harold Walker wrote:
"Dave Poole" wrote in message

[...]
Can we now get back to discussing gardening in the UK please?
Dave Poole

Of course if people ignore this thread it will cease to exist but
curiosity being what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK. Not UK, but when I occasionally look in on US gardening groups I
notice a desperate preoccupation with the difficulties of keeping a
lawn going in various extreme conditions. It interests me, as in some
of the situations described I wouldn't even _try_ . In Oz we had a
reasonable front lawn, but at the back we just had coarse stuff
called buffalo grass. What have you observed over there, Harold?

--
Mike.