Old 29-07-2005, 10:01 AM
vsop

"Harold Walker" wrote in message

" |
| Is it worth mentioning the fact that the US is so vast that they
don't
| need to go abroad. They can get to visit almost any type of climate
they
| wish and travel much further than most Brits do on their travels,
within
| the US

It is also worth mentioning that both are common myths.

Firstly, it has only a few climate types - a hell of a lot more
than the UK, but many less than the British Empire (over which
the sun never set, natch).

Secondly, most people in the USA don't even leave their vicinity
(which may be physically large, but is often very homogeneous).

One survey I read about some time ago, stated that most Americans marry
someone living within 30 miles of their home town.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

A number of postings suggested I was not qualified re England of
today......seems as though others appear to be qualified re USA of
today....wonder why the difference....

Nice one pal........trussed and filleted......keep the rapier nice and
sharp.......
I'd very much like to buy you a beer sometime........and you could respond
with a single malt !
vsop