Old 30-07-2005, 07:09 AM
john

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:46:14 +0100, "pammyT" fenlandfowl
@talktalk.net wrote:

"john" wrote in message
.. .
I've been cutting back on anything that causes
repetitive work in the garden. One of the idea
- much that I dislike it - is to use gravel (ugh!)
Now I wish to place pots on two patches which were
flower beds.

My question is ... from your personal experience,
which trees will take kindly to being grown in
pots? (Not Acers please)

What size pot is best suited to make a home
for tree which is laughingly known as " suitable
for a small garden" not that my parch is small.

I live in Plymouth - God's own country - in the
South West of England. Balmy summers with sufficient
rain & mild winters, in fact all things which are conducive
to good plant growth.

I'd appreciate advice and guidance with the whole concept

Many thanks.

John.

But why put them in pots? They will need more attention than if they were
in the ground?
You can cut a slit in the membrane you will be putting down under the
gravel and plant the tree through the slit.

Thank you for your response.

In answer;
by keeping a tree in a pot I can have it
safely sited much closer to my bungalow. When I pop
my clogs, the next owner will not be bothered by
having to move a tree as a first duty to his or her
beautiful garden. ( Not being morbid, just practical :-)

Secondly, it's a project I've never got round to
carry out. Also it's a challenge.

Cheers.

John