Old 30-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Ted

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 08:00:57 +0000 (UTC), "Ted"
wrote:

we are having problems with small caterpillars eating the flowers and
leaves.

no matter how many of these ********s we remove they still keep coming.

can we spray without damaging flowers and leaves and if so what spray do
you
recommend?

I've never encountered this. There cannot be a bottomless pit of
caterpillars. They must be hatching from somewhere. Search for eggs
on the plant.What do they look like? Eventually the influx must
stop.

Pam in Bristol

They are very small, 2mm diameter x 10mm to 15mm long. No eggs in sight,
only plenty of droppings.

They look like the small shoots that appear between the fork of the flower
stems. This is their camouflage.

We appear to be getting towards the end as we have been removing them over a
week now. Approx 3 per day.

Caught a larger one today perhaps an adult.

dj