Old 30-07-2005, 04:20 PM
diggeress diggeress is offline
Registered User

Location: suffolk
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_d
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can identify this plant and tell me what it is please?

http://www.samdaykin.co.uk/public/photos/flower.jpg

I had grown it from bulb quite successfully and was really proud of how well it was coming along considering my gardening knowledge and skills are minimal.

Unfortunately, I am not the only person who found this plant to be very interesting as one night this week someone stole the plant and the pot it was in. I would like to grow another but I have no idea what it was as my choice of flowers is often quite random and I can't find the packet.

Also, not only did some thieving git steal all that but one of my better rose bushes was pruned at the very base and the whole bush was taken at the same time.

So, does anyone know what the flower is?
And can anyone tell me if my rose bush will regrow after being pruned back to just a couple of inches of stalk with no leaves?

Thank you in advance!

Sam
looks like a passion flower of the yellow rather than purple variety, nad yes your rose should be o.k. to prune a rose give your seceteurs to your worst enemy and leave them to it. the rose should survive