Old 31-07-2005, 03:26 PM
bob campbell

On 31 Jul 2005 05:56:34 -0700, (Jim Lewis) wrote:

wrote:

{snip spam}
FOLKS . . . You are a LOT braver than _I_ am if you click on
this link -- and my virus, spyware, ad ware, other-ware
programs are all up to date.

Never trust an "Anon." Especially an "Anon" who has never
before -- to MY knowledge -- posted to this newsgroup or
mailing list and who suddenly has this oh, so altruistic offer.

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - Nature

Thank you Jim, sound advice as always. In this case, I think they are more
mercantilist than malicious. I'd not be suprised if, after reading "make $$$ on
the internet", the same message appeared on every newsgroup with bonsai or tree
or plant in it's name

FWIW:
'Jerry' posts from 216.250.37.3 d216-250-37-3.allwest.net via google
Taking a closer look at our 'generous friend' The offer originates from a
publishing company, Lacobo Publishing, LLC, located in Utah but the web site
appears to be in AU, I guess the exchange rate is good
Canonical name:
www.bonsai-interviews.com
Addresses: 203.89.205.174
Created on: 23-Jul-05

Looking at the site itself - it looks like typical 'junk mail on a web page'
including hilited text, red check marked paragraphs with underlines and a
'special offer' that expires a midnight - hurry! hurry! No contact page, in
fact nothing but the sale offer

Orders processing takes you to http://3.nat4quilts.pay.clickbank.net/
at 67.139.254.134 and that's as far as I go. ("affiliate powered e-Commerce,
worldwide" I'll take a pass on this one)

bob

PS: I'm cc:ing this to Lacobo Pub. to be hear their side but I'm voting to
suspend their list priviledges pending review.