Old 30-07-2005, 07:52 AM
Christopher Norton

The message
from john contains these words:

I've been cutting back on anything that causes
repetitive work in the garden. One of the idea
- much that I dislike it - is to use gravel (ugh!)
Now I wish to place pots on two patches which were
flower beds.

My question is ... from your personal experience,
which trees will take kindly to being grown in
pots? (Not Acers please)

What size pot is best suited to make a home
for tree which is laughingly known as " suitable
for a small garden" not that my parch is small.

I live in Plymouth - God's own country - in the
South West of England. Balmy summers with sufficient
rain & mild winters, in fact all things which are conducive
to good plant growth.

I'd appreciate advice and guidance with the whole concept

Many thanks.

John.

Just consider them large Bonsai so most trees will do fine in a large pot.

The list is so extensive I could`nt even start. Whatever tree you like
you can grow in a pot.