Old 30-07-2005, 07:59 AM
Christopher Norton

The message
from john contains these words:

---------snippped-----------------------

Thank you for your response.

In answer;
by keeping a tree in a pot I can have it
safely sited much closer to my bungalow. When I pop
my clogs, the next owner will not be bothered by
having to move a tree as a first duty to his or her
beautiful garden. ( Not being morbid, just practical :-)

Secondly, it's a project I've never got round to
carry out. Also it's a challenge.

Cheers.

John

I know I said I was`nt going to do a list but heres what I have in 5
gallon pots at the moment.

Prunus Mume - Flowering Apricot (has never flowered yet)
Silver Birch - was given a harsh trunk chop last winter and has since
gone berserk!!!!!
Two purple leaved beech
two Hornbeams
one english oak
one Acer buergeranum - trident maple (do not confuse with the japanese
maples)
one Acer pseudoplantanus - aka an english Sycamore

put the last two in the list just to prove that all Acers should`nt be
tarred with the image of japanese ones.

One things for certain. You`ll have fun choosing your trees.