Old 02-08-2005, 02:12 PM
cineman

This autumn drench soil with jeyes fluid, diluted as it says on can, cover
with black polythene for a couple of weeks then lift, open door/vents and
allow smell to disperse.
best practice is to change the soil in greenhouse borders every teo or three
years this allows you to get rid of any disease building up in the soil.

hope this helps
regards
Cineman
"Drew" wrote in message
news

Hi Folks,

I have a 12 X 10 greenhouse. Every year I grow Tomatoes, Cucumbers
Peppers etc. I top up the two growing borders every year with 3 or 4
bags of multipurpose compost.

I would like to sterilise the soil this year after the growing season
is over i.e. October November, ready for planting out next year.

I would be grateful for any advice on how to do this.

Thanking you in anticipation

Drew

--
Drew