Old 06-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Stephen Henning

It's possible to leach the salts from the water by flooding it with
fresh water often.
If you can afford the water it's worth a try. We are talking laying
down the equivalent of a foot of rain a few times with a few days
drainage in between,
But it's also likely that having waited this long that your plants are
goners.
Ericacious plants are not salt tolerant at all. Azaleas are in that
group.
Similar plants will lead you into the same kind of heartbreak.

Azaleas are also susceptible to root rot, so having constantly wet roots
is not a good idea. It would be best to remove the plants from all soil
and repot, and then drench the soil in hopes of being able to use it in
the future.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA Zone 6