Old 10-08-2005, 01:48 AM
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 18:17:39 -0400, "Kenni Judd"
wrote:

The black spots are indeed very typical of Sharry Baby, and some other
thin-leaved oncid types. There are numerous theories about why they do it,
and I don't think anyone knows for sure, but I personally lean toward the
heat theory -- they "freckle" in high temps. All the ones I've seen without
spots have been grown cool. Kenni

Around here the ones grown in the top of the gh with good light
freckle and the ones grown in low light under a bench (how they
bloom I don't know) don't freckle. True to Kenni's prediction
there is a temp. difference between over the bench hanging area
and under the bench. I had thought it was a light problem. Now
I think Kenni has a better cause and effect theory.

SuE