Old 10-08-2005, 03:01 AM
Lyn

The filter would be behind a fake falls that I made by putting
concrete on wire screen and shaping the way that I wanted it to
look.

I want to circulate the water around also and so I think I will
use a smaller second pump to just circulate with only a prescreen
filter on it.

The shape is like a hand with three fingers (sorta).

Thanks for any ideas.
Lyn

"Richard Tanzer" wrote in message
. ..
Lyn -

That sounds like an excellent idea. As I see it, the key to a bio filter
is simply to provide a lot of surface area for bacteria to live. Think
of how a stream naturally keeps clean - lots of water constantly flowing
over gravel.

It sounds like the container will be easily seen in your set up. You
might want to use attractive stones or even marbles.

- Rich

"Lyn" wrote in
:

How about if I make a container filled with gravel or whatever
and push the water via the output of the pump into the bottom
of it and then have the overflow cascade down a falls into the
pond? The design of the pond is such that this idea comes to
mind. the top of the falls is about 2 feet above the surface of the
pond.

The problem that I have this concept is that I know pine
needles will be falling into the pond. I don't mind netting them
out each day but if there were a way to automate their removal,
that would of course be better.

Thanks!!!
Lyn