Old 10-08-2005, 09:22 PM
dave weil

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:08:11 +0000, Phil
wrote:

Hi

I'm no gardener but decided this year I would like to try my hand with
some rose bushes.

My issue is that one bush has not produced any buds at all. It appears
to be quite healthy in terms of growth and follage, just no buds.

My question is, should I hang on to the bush and hope it produces buds
next year, or is this a dud (blind ?) and best disposed off.

Definitely hang on to it for next year, especially if it seems
vigorous this year. Roses like to spend their first year getting
established. This rose might have also been an early bloomer with just
one flush and you might have missed that opportunity. Any idea what
kind of rose it is?