Old 14-08-2005, 04:58 PM

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:28:51 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

Until your message to len, I hadn't seen any posts at all here, for a
long time

Well, its the only permaculture newsgroup. May as well use it.

Speaking of b&b's, have you considered growing food for the
meals you serve on the property? Often this is a good way to
encourage customers who will see garden tours as ecotourism,
especially if you have diverse activities, i.e. goats, chickens, maybe
pigs. Good opportunity to make it a demo permaculture site.
Graham Burnett might help you with this. Thse kinds of business
ventures are becoming popular here in the US and we need more.
It makes keeping open country in greenspace and farming popular
and encourages local officials to pass regulations favorable to
rural enterprises and unfavorable to commercial-industrial uses and
real estate developments.