Old 16-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Douglas in Australia too

Sandra,
Given your e-mail address, you are somewhere in Australia.
It should be safe to move your Roses now, as they should be reasonably
dormant / just starting spring growth.
(depending where you are in OZ).
I would prune them before moving if you haven't already.

Per Gail's advice, Keep the roots moist and don't let them dry out.
I would mix some well rotted manure / blood and bone etc with the soil from
the new location prior to planting.
It will promote growth without risking burning new roots.
I would avoid heavy feeding until any frosts are out of the way,
the roses have recovered from the initial shock and strong spring growth is
occuring.

Douglas.

"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message
Hi

I am in the process of moving 4 roses, I have dug away the soil &
partially exposed the roots with the intention of completing the job
tomorrow. My intention is to put them straight into the soil making sure
it is well soaked before hand & again afterwould, but do I fertilize then
or should I leave it for a while?
thanks
sandra