Old 08-12-2002, 11:46 AM
JennyC

Default Killing snail eggs ?

"Tom Warner" wrote
"JennyC"
I was repotting some things recently and found loads of snail eggs
around the edge of the pots, just beneath the surface of the soil.
Seeing that I have so many pots I was wondering whether there are

any
nasty chemicals on the market that I could use to water the pots

with
to kill the buggers before they hatch out next year ??
Any ideas / names of products ??
Jenny

They could be slug eggs as well.
There is (or was) a product that you watered into the soil and

which killed
eggs and small slugs/snails, supposedly also not toxic to anything

else.
I can't remember the name, which is not very helpful to you but a

look round
your local garden centre/DIY shed should turn it up if still

available.
Tom

Ummmmm. I live in Holland and the UE regulations prohibit the selling
of lots of 'chemical nasties'. However I will see what i can find
online or get someone in the UK to smuggle stuff in next time we have
visitors :~))

Jenny