Old 21-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Jackie D Jackie D is offline
Registered User

Talking advice on staking

Hello

I have several plants that require staking but I'm not really sure how to do this. Should I buy a frame from a garden centre or merely use flower stakes or bamboo canes?

The plants I'm referring to a

Soldiers buttons (I don't know the proper name for this but it grows to about eight foot in one year and seems to flower from spring to autumn).

A Bottle Brush (Callistmon Citrius 'splenders')

Dianthus 'Claret Joy'.

Cornflowers (Centaurea Montana)

Sorry if these like a dumb basic questions but I've avoided staking because I don't seem to be very good at it. My cornflowers just looked ugly and bunched but if I don't stake them they flop on the ground and develop some kind of mould.

Grateful thanks to the person who can help.

Jackie