Old 21-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Bill

If you leave the liner in it will become a bog garden
"JP" wrote in message
I'm going to fill in my 3,000 gl pond. I wondered if anyone has got any
tips for this.
I'm going to be renting my house out shortly and don't want any potential
tennants being put off by the pond.
Plus it's a lot of effort feeding fish, cleaning filter, cutting back
plants etc etc
I'd like a solution that is cheap and might one day be reversible.

At the moment I've thinking to keep the pond liner, get some non rottable
plastic bags, and fill these with sand bought in bulk from local building
merchants. Put these in the empty pond and top if off with topsoil for a
plant bed, not sure if it would be a dry bed or a bog garden.

Any other ideas or tips?
Thanks