Old 21-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Gntry

One part sugar to four parts water is the correct ratio, but you don't need
to add any coloring to the mixture, red food coloring isn't good for them,
and think of it...necter in the wild is clear. And you don't have to boil
the water either( I use to always boil, now I don't and it stays just as
fresh) theres a great newgroup, if your server allows; rec.birds
Give it a look.
CG in NY
"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
Those feeders don't work very well. Get one with a bottle upsidedown and
little plastic flowers around the bottom. Mix 1 part sugar and 4 parts
water and bring to a boil and add just enough cherry cool-aid to make it
pink. We are going through 7 to 10 lbs of sugar a week. We have 4
feeders out and fill them 2 and 3 times a day. I am going to try to take
them off on my taxes. HA!

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley