Old 21-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Gareee©

"Ron in Radio Heaven" wrote in message
om...
I've heard "cold season" too, but it was 95 here yesterday,
the pond water is 81 and my water crest is growing
like mad.
As far a other pond plants go, based on what Home Depot
charges for them, I've pulled about $1k worth of plants
out of the pond the morning, and there's at least that
much more to do.
It got so bad my wife kept asking if we still had any fish...
The plants made a solid cover on the pond except where
the feeding ring is located.

Hey Ron.. where abouts are you? Waynesville here. if you are close, I'd take
a whole lot of plants off your hands. I'm back to greenwater, and just can't
really find any local places with pond plants at all anymore this year.

I had bought $15 worth of watercress, and you'd THINK that would be a lot,
but the fish decided they really liked to eat it rather then use if for
shade, and they literally ate is ALL up within 3 month's time!

Right now I have waterlettuce, which is growing, but just not fast enough, a
few iris, and 2 lilies doing well. Still, I only have about 1/6 of my
surface covered, and I probably need to double or triple that surface
coverage to make up for the amount of sun the pond's getting.

Muffin's supposed to send me some WL this week, and maybe that will help.

Oh! and the fish spawn are doing great! I'd say we went from 5 large
goldfish this year (slightly larger then palm sized) to adding another 10-12
fish!

Not sure what I'll do 2-3 years from now, when I have too many though....

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)