Old 21-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Gareee©

"Ron in Radio Heaven" wrote in message
news:rI2Oe.21701

I'm SE of Charlotte near Monroe.
I wish I had a way to get these plants to you
before they die. I've got a plastic crate mounded up
with plants, mostly lettus and something that grows
under water with long green bushy tendreils.

The biggest porblem is that this late in the season
all these plants are going to die as soon as the temp.
drops below 50 degrees or so.

I sure wish I had a green house so I could get them to
over winter.

Aw.. just a tad too far away (with the gas prices) to make it worth a trip.

I'm going to try to overwinter some of the lettuce in a large indoor
fountain This winter. I red here earlier today that watercress will winter
ok, and come back in spring. Maybe try some of that? (it's not too late in
the season for you to get a bunch growing, but my fish ate it all up like it
was a delicacy. (I thought it tasted BAD)

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)