Old 22-08-2005, 09:13 PM
WaltA

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:29:17 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
AFAICR there were no differences between the Shadow's internals and the
Rapide's.

choke of carb for one.
ummm, mist of time,, was it inch&1/8 for R and inch&1/4 for S ( or
perhaps it was inch&1/4 vs. inch&1/2 ?)
Compression ratio as well ( or was that just a progression of time
thing ? After all, I had just upgraded from an HRD. (as in HRD not
HRD-Vincent)
Hmmm, I may think of more, like wheel sizes varied quite a bit from
time to time and model to model ,,,,
Are 19" tyres still available I wonder, they were difficult to get
hold of at one time.

(Dammit, my Vincent book is still in store...)

All mine also, as are a lot of my old braincells :-(

Rapide was billed as a 'tourer' and the Shadow as a 'sports model'.

Exactly, I ref. hon. gent. to my post earlier about mudguards. gert
heavy steel things with skirts on the R.