Old 22-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from (WaltA) contains these words:
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:29:17 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

AFAICR there were no differences between the Shadow's internals and the
Rapide's.

choke of carb for one.
ummm, mist of time,, was it inch&1/8 for R and inch&1/4 for S ( or
perhaps it was inch&1/4 vs. inch&1/2 ?)

Dunno - the Shadow/Lightning had GPs you could crawl down.

Compression ratio as well ( or was that just a progression of time
thing ? After all, I had just upgraded from an HRD. (as in HRD not
HRD-Vincent)
Hmmm, I may think of more, like wheel sizes varied quite a bit from
time to time and model to model ,,,,
Are 19" tyres still available I wonder, they were difficult to get
hold of at one time.

Yes. The series D Shadow had a 2·25" × 20" front IIRC

(Dammit, my Vincent book is still in store...)

All mine also, as are a lot of my old braincells :-(

Rapide was billed as a 'tourer' and the Shadow as a 'sports model'.

Exactly, I ref. hon. gent. to my post earlier about mudguards. gert
heavy steel things with skirts on the R.

Well, the Black Prince had those. In fact, now you come to mention it,
mine was originally one of those enclosed thingies, later Shadowised
with ally guards, etc, then stuffed full of goodies.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/