Old 23-08-2005, 05:33 AM
Travis

Mike Lyle wrote:
Travis wrote:
Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
"Mike Lyle" writes:

Nick can explain the stats better than I, and I wish dear
old Franz were still with us to describe the physics, but I
think it's essentially correct to say it's a matter of what
the layman would call "averaging". A localised
concentration does nothing to detract from the principle
applied globally; and, very interestingly, according to
catastrophe theory, may even appear to produce a transitory
effect _contrary_ to what a global calculation would
predict.

As demonstrated by the technology of paraffin refrigerators.

Even though I Googled for it I can't find how a paraffin
refrigerator works. Anyone?

Same as a gas one.

Since paraffin is a soild (isn't it) and gas is a gas I don't get it.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington