Old 25-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Chookie

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:

However, I do make a point of using (and telling them it is)
the top-quality food produced on the island ; sausages and black
pudding made by my butcher, island milk from grassfed cows, freerange
eggs, local honey, jam and marmalade, Scottish bacon and porridge oats,
John's home made bread.

drool

I know someone who runs a B&B on the Isle of Skye too, so that's two places
I'll book when we do our World Tour (TM). Probably in about 2030...

Have been busy with my own free-range baby (Matthew was born on the 29th of
May) and rscuing the vegie patch from weds by laying down newspaper and mulch.
I have some seedlings coming along nicely at present but not much actually in
the garden. If Switzerland could post us some rain...? Have bought some
weeper hose as I am *not* going to be hand-hosing the vegies over summer! It
will be interesting to see what water restrictions we have by then. (I live
in Australia's largest city -- 4 million people -- and our water supply is not
keeping up with demand.)

The state govt has decided that a desalination plant is a much better idea
than recycling water from sewage or managing demand. So we'll continue to
pump untreated sewage out to sea, then pump in the sea-water and use an
incredibly energy-intensive system to make fresh water out of it. sigh

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.