Old 25-08-2005, 09:01 AM
Chookie

In article .com,
"earthgirl" wrote:

How about a 'sea-change'amongst a sea of rooves?
Can't help dreaming of greener rural pastures?
How about starting in suburbia. Share ideas on bringing green to the
city.

OK, how about your ideas? :-)

In my case I bought a larger-than-average piece of suburbia and planned to
grow my own fruit and vegies on it, and some chooks, and local native species.
Might gave to work a bit harder on hubby as he is resisting the chickens.
Someone has told me about this mob (http://rentachook.com.au/); maybe a stint
with chooks will soften him up a bit!

The native garden bed is doing very well and is flowering madly atm.
Eventually I will do something more with the natue strip -- it just has a
Council-planted bottlebrush on it and grass. WRT fruit I have strawberries
starting to flower, some sugar bananas (one flowering), a passionfruit vine, a
lemon tree in need of TLC, a self-sown mulberry and a quince tree. My vegie
patch OTOH is in a sorry state but my seedlings will be planted out in a month
or two.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.