Old 26-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Chookie

In article .com,
"earthgirl" wrote:

In the meantime, I have a smallish suburban block which pretty much
consists of solid sandstone, with some grass tentatively clinging to
the top.

Eastern part of Sydney then -- I'm on clay, on the edge of the Cumberland
Plain (Lidcombe). Where are you?

How eco is your place? We're planning a reno atm which is in part to improve
the theral performance of the house. It's a lovely 1940s full-brick house
with its back to the sun. Lovely and cool in summer -- freezing in winter!
And it doesn't 'approach' the back yard well (I think that's the way
architects put it).

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.