Old 26-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Judanne

"Chookie" wrote in message

The state govt has decided that a desalination plant is a much better idea
than recycling water from sewage or managing demand. So we'll continue to
pump untreated sewage out to sea, then pump in the sea-water and use an
incredibly energy-intensive system to make fresh water out of it. sigh

For more on this subject, if you have broadband you can watch a documentary
that played on
4 Corners (a very reputable investigative programme on the Aussie ABC) in
February this year.
I was a bit shocked at the idea of NSW importing water from Tassie as our
lakes, etc. are at their lowest, too.

You'll find it on this link
http://abc.net.au/4corners/special_eds/20050209/

Judanne