Old 28-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Chris Hogg

On 28 Aug 2005 10:08:56 -0700, wrote:

How can I get rid of "mind your own business" in a lawn or flower bed.
It is taking over the garden
HELP!!!
Dav

Helxine soleirolii, aka Soleirolia soleirolii. It makes a very good
green surface IMO. My mother has it in her lawn and lives happily with
it. It just depends whether you insist on your 'lawn' being
conventional grass or whether a green surface is what you actually
want/need. But if you don't like it, a selective lawn weedkiller soon
kills it and leaves big bare patches :-( It is easily spread in the
lawn by mowing without a grass box IIRC. The little bits are like
small cuttings and root easily.

In the flower beds, just hand weed it or use a glyphosate hand-spray
(with care).

--
Chris