Old 31-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Kay

In article , dotCompost dotCompos
writes

I had
no idea that this (out-of-date) offer came from outside GardenBanter.

Most (if not all) of what gardenbanter offers is from outside
gardenbanter - that is what gardenbanter is about.
didn't know that folk from "usenet poster" popped in here.

We don't 'pop in' to gardenbanter - gardenbanter, if you read the small
print carefully, is simply a 'portal' which copies the posts to usenet.
Whenever you look in the 'UK gardening' you are merely looking in to
uk.rec.gardening. All the discussions you see on gardenbanter are merely
usenet newsgroups which are going on quite independently.

I don't
understand why - it seems they don't wish to be part of GardenBanter.

I provide input to a newsgroup which operates on a free, voluntary
basis. I don't know how gardenbanter operates, but if it provides any
income for its owners (eg by advertising), then that income is on the
back of work that I and others do for free, and is without our
permission.

--
Kay