Old 02-09-2005, 02:08 AM
Justin

Hi george,

Instead of purchasing a whole new unit, I know that you can get two types of
solenoid, one that is on (open) and when power goes to it, it closes and one
that is off (closed) and when power goes to it, it opens. This would work
just fine, it's just the opposite to other ones...

If you have a look at
http://www.aquariumsonline.com.au/me...c2d39add7ca2d3
you will see there are two solenoids, one "normally open" and one "normally
closed" they are AU$220 and I would go for the "normally open" one, so when
your controller turns one - when ph goes below the set target, the solenoid
will close.

also, http://www.milwaukeemeters.com.au/ stock the SMS122 and their prices
are REALLY good. I am kicking myself as I purchased a second had Dupla PH
control trom eBay for $450 and I could have bought a brand new one from this
site for cheaper... They also have all the probes, calibration solutions
etc at cheap prices. I have asked them some questions and they are really
helpfull.

Hope this helps.

Justin.

"george3300" wrote in message

Michi Henning Wrote:
"blank" wrote in message
...-

Are you still discussin the Milwaukee SMS122 when you say AUD 900? If
so
you're way off beam. They cost AUD 231 froi Milwaukee Meters
Australia.
See this link:

http://tinyurl.com/bp8lp-

Thanks for that link, I wasn't aware that Milwaukee was available Down
Under.

No, the equipment I had in mind is the Aqua Medic pH controller, with
pH probe
and solenoid valve. The quote I got from the LFS for that was well over
A$ 900,
whereas, from Germany, I can get it for $350.

Cheers,

Michi.
--
Michi Henning Ph: +61 4 1118-2700
ZeroC, Inc. http://www.zeroc.com

Can anyone pls tell me where these PH controllers are made because mine
is "Made in Romania" and i cant find on the net the homepage of the
manufacturer.
The only thing I found is the australian homepage.
I have the SMS122 "reverse" controller and I solved all the
compatibility issues (plugs and sockets,12V adaptors etc).
My problem is that i want to use a normally closed solenoid valve but
this controller (reverse type) activates the solenoid when the ph value
goes below the desired set point (the contrary from what i need).
Is there a way to make a modification or some regulation inside the
unit so that it can work as the normal SM122 ??

--
george3300