Old 02-09-2005, 11:11 PM
WaltA

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 22:53:46 +0100, Sacha and I wrote:
While looking for something quite different (!) I found this site which
advertises Ellie Poo.

Extraordinary ! Are they having a larf or am I missing something ?
I feel like I'm the only one at the party wot didna get the joke :-

as an ingredient in their recycled stationery !
Quote :
"Ellie Poo paper is manufactured from 75% post consumer waste(**) and
25% elephant dung. The dung is collected by the elephant handlers in
Sri Lanka and provides an extra source of income for the locals to
care for the elephants"
Whatever next ! First we have Ganges effluent in our cattle feed, now
ellie poo in our A4 and envelopes !!
That 'something extra' for the xmas cards to the inlaws perhaps ?

(**) the mind boggles !!!!
I hope they select their consumers with care :-(

You'd need to contact them for details,

"I think not", as Descartes might have said.

as there is
no information about it on the site: http://www.greenstat.co.uk/
(Might it frighten off the foxes?)

Dunno bout them foxes in your garden, but should put the wind up your
tigers ?!

Go on, tell us what it was that you woz looking for when you found it
:-)

LOL! Stationery.

Yep ! I was a little surprised !!
If you really really wanna, follow their menu (on the left) item-
"Designer Letter Paper"
to arrive at http://www.greenstat.co.uk/designer_letter_papers.html
third group down on that page.
I cheated actually, as there was no obvious link from their picture on
their front page I Googled on "Ellie Poo" and got 169 hits for my
trouble, their site and that page were at the top.
(can you tell that I was bored with TV and couldn't find owt better to
do lol! )

But I didn't pursue the Ellie Poo

very wise :-))

info and thought it
might, just possibly, be dried dung, gardeners for the use of - rather like
Poo from the Zoo or whatever Paignton Zoo call it.

Yep,
know what you mean, hence my bit about the tigers in your garden ;-)

Well, that was an interesting diversion, what shall we do for the rest
of the evening :-)