Old 03-09-2005, 02:42 PM
tomatolord

You are too nice to it spammer..

Rhizome type plants are very very hard to kill becuase the plant stores
energy in its roots so if you kill the top off the plant just sends up new
tops, bamboo is like this, the key is to shrink the support system of the
plant.

You have to do the following

First pull up what you can

1 - spray the plant DO NOT mow let the plant absorb the herbicide
2 - when the top dies back mow it
3- Let the plant grow some again - not above the grass line - this is also
key
4 - repeat

If you let the plant get too tall then the root system will also be growing
as well so you want to prevent that as well

You need to exhaust the supply of energy in the roots of the plant - you
need to let the herbicide be absorbed into the plant.

You may need to do this for 2-3 months

Next year use a quality pre-emergent

remember to only spray on days where you think it will not rain.

Ortho nut-grass is fine - you just need to keep spraying the plant - one
application will never be enough.

Tomatolord

"Arrest Spam" wrote in message
.. .

It has been a real struggle trying to get rid of nut-grass in our fescue
lawn. Last year we used Round-up and re-seeded thereafter. The
nut-grass has come back with vengeance. This year we have treated the
lawn
with Ortho Nut-grass and Crabgrass killer. No luck. The nut-grass is
growing like mad. We even got down on our knees and tried to dig them out
as deep as possible. This method will take us another month and a lot
of blisters. Is there hope? Any suggestions?