Old 04-09-2005, 06:18 PM
Jim Lewis

Carol wrote:
I read that during the second half of August and September it's a good
idea to use a fertilizer that is low in nitrogen (or without nitrogen),
and I purchased a plant food for tomatoes. The analysis on the package
shows 4-7-10. Now I'm wondering how to apply it - in granular form or
mixed with water - and if mixed with water what should the ratio be?

The instructions on the package say that for a potted [tomato] plant use
one teaspoon for 4 inches of pot diameter and apply every 10 to 14
days. If anyone uses a similar plant food, I would appreciate any advice.

If your maples suddenly sprout tomatoes, don't blame us! :-)

I'd follow the label instructions. I also wouldn't worry
much about the low/no nitrogen thing. Trees use what they need.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++