Old 05-09-2005, 08:49 PM
tomatolord

Our neighbor brought in some topsoil and did the yard and made some beds and
it all is filled with nutgrass

tomatolord

"Baine Carruthers" wrote in message
If you really want to control the problem, till the entire affected area &
apply an appropriate soil fumigant or steam. That's probably the only
realistic100% method of control. Be learly of using sod in the area, as
that is a primary vector of purple & yellow nutsedge in my experience.

--
Baine

"Arrest Spam" wrote in message
.. .

It has been a real struggle trying to get rid of nut-grass in our fescue
lawn. Last year we used Round-up and re-seeded thereafter. The
nut-grass has come back with vengeance. This year we have treated the

lawn
with Ortho Nut-grass and Crabgrass killer. No luck. The nut-grass is
growing like mad. We even got down on our knees and tried to dig them
out
as deep as possible. This method will take us another month and a lot
of blisters. Is there hope? Any suggestions?