Old 27-12-2002, 12:48 AM
Chris Stewart

Default Garden Shed Roof repair

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Chris Stewart" contains these

words:

I need to replace the felt on my shed which is now leaking. Should I

just do
that - remove old felt and replace, or should I replace with a new
material - say corrugated iron? If so, can you purchase ridging and

flashing
(?) for the apex of the roof, and the edge of the roof? If you can -

where
from? I'm in the mild and balmy north - Aberdeen.

We have successfully re-covered worn out shed felt with both
(secondhand, free) corrugated iron, and a lightweight non-plastic
corrugated roofing sheet in a material called Onduline, which is cheap
and stands up to Scottish weather for years; our oldest onduline one is
almost 19 yrs. Onduline sell compatible ridging as well....try a
websearch for it. Either of them can just be fixed on top of the old
felt; onduline is lighter if you have any doubts about the strength of
the shed roof, and is also easier to cut. It's available in DIY/Builders
sheds in Glasgow so should be available in Aberdeen.

Janet.

Thanks, Janet, very helpful - a fine wee job once the builders sheds open
again!
Happy New year when it stumbles by in the gloom!

Chris