Old 27-12-2002, 07:12 AM
Mike

Default Garden Shed Roof repair

In article , Chris Stewart
writes
I need to replace the felt on my shed which is now leaking. Should I just do
that - remove old felt and replace, or should I replace with a new
material - say corrugated iron? If so, can you purchase ridging and flashing
(?) for the apex of the roof, and the edge of the roof? If you can - where
from? I'm in the mild and balmy north - Aberdeen.
Chris

Part of my shed's felt ripped off in a gale and landed on the path,
(glad it did rip off or I would not have known there was a problem as I
don't go in that shed very often, it is a store for all sorts of things
such as computer bits, children's toys, books etc etc etc). I nailed
that bit back on again and gave the whole roof another coat of
"Aquaseal", a type of pitch which goes on with a paint brush :-)) and is
VERY VERY good. Covers the nails, gaps and joints.
Very cheap, had a tin for about 5 years now for patching up and I seem
to remember it cost about £6.00 Obtainable from B & Q but elsewhere as
well I expect.

Mike

Happy New Year to everyone

http://www.collingwoodassoc.org.uk/ Reunion. Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
River Class Assn Dinner Leamington Spa Sept 20th 2003.
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Reunion October 2003 Isle of Wight.
National Service (RAF) Association reunion. Nov 2003 Scarborough.