Old 29-12-2002, 12:47 AM
Emrys Davies

Default Killing Brambles

'Barbara',

Forget your weed killer. Brambles are shallow rooters and if you cut
them down to a level where you can operate without being scratched you
can prise the roots with a fork and drag out the offending remnants
quite easily. A stout pair of gloves will be a great help.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Barbara B" wrote in message
We have a heavy infestation of brambles in woodland and have tried

various
methods but the current favourite is chopping them up with a brash

cutter.
When they start to grow again in Spring we want to spot spray them

with weed
killer(absolute minimum) so which is best?
Any other suggestions for control/eradication gratefully received.